Your bike is a machine and like all machines, regular maintenance is the key to optimal performance and enjoyment.
Whether there is an evident problem or not - regular maintenance ensures safe and optimal operation. Prevention is better (and cheaper!) than cure and servicing will prolong the life of your bike and give you many more problem free and enjoyable miles out on the road...
Here at 700 we have a fully appropriated workshop, our mechanics are CYTECH qualified and have many years of experience under their belts. They are versed in Campagnolo EPS, Shimano Di2 and SRAM eTap electronic / wireless systems.
We service any and all types of bike and we would be happy to help you keep yours in top condition.
If you wish to book Workshop time then please either call us on 01753 858777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the day
We kindly request that your bike is in store no later than 10.30am on the day of service
We ask that you bring it in a clean state - extra cleaning of bikes will be charged at £15.
If necessary you may bring your bike in on an earlier date and leave it with us.
One of the service team will go through an initial assessment to better understand your requirements and offer guidance. We will do our utmost to have your bike ready to ride by the end of the day - subject to the availability of spares.
Given the increasing variety and varying complexities of modern bikes, the only fair way to charge for servicing is to base it on time.
All servicing is now billed at £60 per hour to the nearest 15 minutes (£12.50).
Our service rates are labour costs only, parts are not included. Our initial assessment will give an idea of requirements and we will always contact you prior to installation of any additional necessary parts, so please ensure we have up to date contact details for you.
- Any worn/broken/replaced parts will be disposed of unless otherwise requested.
- We would ask you to collect your bike within a week of it being serviced or repaired.
- We reserve the right to charge for storage if bikes are not collected within a reasonable time.
- Our fixed service charges are representative of the time time taken to complete stated works, there are instances when additional time is required (eg. certain headset/disc brake integrations, badly corroded/seized or particularly dirty parts, power tool requirements or a combination!) In such cases any labour time over and above the allotted, will be billed at our standard rates.
- Regular maintenance reduces the chances of future jobs escalating as outlined above.
- While we ensure parts are installed per manufacturers settings and guides, after fixed services you may experience settling - if you need a tweak within the first 2 weeks of picking your bike up, just drop it in.
- It is worth remembering that Warranty on new products is likely conditional to regular routine maintenance. For example, the likes of Campagnolo (up to 4 year warranty), CeramicSpeed (up to 6 years) and Chris King, stipulate this.
|Seat post removed, cleaned, re-fitted and fastened to recommended torque settings.
|Brakes checked and adjusted with pads fitted if required.
|Gears correctly indexed and adjusted.
|Cranks and chainrings checked and tightened to recommended torque.
|Headset, handlebar and stem assembly checked and tightened to the recommended torque.
|Tyres checked and inflated to the correct pressure. Replaced if required.
|Complete drivetrain removed including pedals, chainset, bottom bracket, chain, cassette and derailleurs. Degreased, cleaned & refitted or replaced if necessary.
|Wheels inspected and trued.
|Bike fully stripped to bare frame, cleaned and inspected for damage.
|Wheel hubs stripped down and re-greased. Bearings replaced as necessary.
|Headset removed, stripped and regreased. Bearings replaced as necessary.
Rest assured that our pricing is based on experience and that jobs are invariably completed in the timescales reflected by the price. Jobs do occasionally escalate and we will always contact you prior to works being carried out if pricing is likely to change significantly.
In addition to our fixed services we are able to carry out almost any service task that is not the preserve of a frame builder or painter.
The following is a list of our most common jobs.
This is by no means exhaustive and if you can't see what you need please feel free to get in touch:
|Build of new bike from frame and components
|Fitting old group and components onto frame
|Stripping down of bike
|Bottom Bracket Fitting
|Bar Tape Fitting
|Tubular Tyre Installation
|Hydraulic Disc Brake Servicing
Wheel building & Electronic Systems
Please contact us to discuss your requirements to ensure we build the right wheels your particular riding demands.
Wheel building is charged at £50 per wheel excluding parts and we can supply rims, hubs and spokes from the majority of manufacturers.
Shimano Di2 and Campagnolo EPS Updating and Customisation
Using our Diagnostic tools we are able to run full diagnostics on your electronic system, update your components, add new functionality and customise shifting for your specific requirements.*
The service costs £20
*excludes Dura Ace 7900